The British Gymnastics MY Leadership Academy programme is a structure for Young Leaders to follow to help them progress and develop in all areas of gymnastic leadership and volunteering.
The programme encourages Leaders to complete five different ‘topic’ areas:
- MY Learning: Leaders are tasked with completing a number of different courses, both generic and sport specific.
- MY Development: Leaders are tasked with identifying a mentor and learning from working alongside them.
- MY Volunteering: Leaders are tasked with volunteering their time at events, and meetings.
- MY Future: Leaders are tasked with producing a development plan and completing their goals.
- MY Project: Leaders are tasked with identifying the needs, and running a project which benefits them/their club.
The programme introduces Young Leaders to the various roles and opportunities available within the sport. Helping them to identify their strengths and the areas they enjoy; encouraging them to stay within the sport for longer, creating a larger, stronger workforce for the future.
The programme is designed to be structured but flexible, to allow it to be adapted to suit the needs of different individuals and different environments. There are awards, rewards and recognition available at various stages of completion to encourage the participants to continue following the programme and develop as leaders.
There are many benefits associated with following the MY Leadership Academy programme; some of these benefits are listed below:
- Improve your CV
- Make new friends
- Give something back to the community
- Learn new skills
- Meet new people and make connections
- Develop personal skills
- Have fun
- Gain a reference
The programme is targeted at anyone 11+ years old. Joining the MY Leadership Academy is free, however there are some costs associated with some of the courses and qualifications. The programme takes a minimum of 12 months to complete.
If you would like to join London Trampoline Academy’s MY Leadership Academy please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org