We take the welfare of our members very seriously, all our coaches are fully qualified through British Gymnastics, are CRB checked and attend regular safeguarding training.
London Trampoline Academy and London DMT adopt the following British Gymnastics and London Gymnastics policies:
- Safeguarding and Protecting Policy
- Equality Policy
- Policy for the participation of trans people in gymnastics competition
- Disabilities Inclusion Policy 2019
- GymMark Accredited
All these policies can be found on the British Gymnastics website:https://www.british-gymnastics.org/
All members are encouraged to be open at all times & to share any concerns or complaints that they may have about any aspect of the Academy/London DMT with John Wotherspoon (Head Coach) and/or Harriet Curtis (Welfare Officer).
Code of Conduct
As we are fully committed to safeguarding & promoting the wellbeing of all members, we believe that it is important that members, coaches, administrators & parents associated with the Academy or London DMT should, always, show respect & understanding for the safety & welfare of others.
As such the following code of conduct must be followed at all times by participants whilst at London Trampoline Academy/London DMT. Failure to do so may result in termination of the club members membership. If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All members must respect the rights, dignity & worth of all participants regardless of age, gender, ability, race, cultural background, religious beliefs or sexual identity.
- All members should be a positive role model, treat others & officials with the same level of respect you would expect to be shown to you.
- Members should keep to agreed timings for training & competitions or inform their coach or team manager in advance if they are going to be late.
- Members must pay any fees for training or events promptly.
- Use correct & proper language at all times.
- Members are not allowed to smoke, consume alcohol or drugs on academy premises or whilst representing the academy.
- Bullying of any sort will not be tolerated.
- Mobile phones should be away, in bags, during training sessions.
- Encourage everyone to enjoy sport & understand that people have different motivations for taking part.
- It is unacceptable to post comments or images of Academy members on social media or web-based sites without their specific permission.
Parents & guardians are asked to adhere to the following code of conductto show respect & understanding for the safety & welfare of all our members. Failure to do so may result in the termination of the participants membership.
- Support your child’s efforts & praise rather than criticise them.
- Understand that criticisms of your child’s performance will be made by our experienced coaches in a balanced & positive way.
- Remember that the coaches always have the best interests of the gymnast at heart – support their efforts & approaches.
- Support the academy, academy officials, coaches & judges.
- Help your child recognise good performance, not just results.
- Publicly accept officials’ judgements.
- Encourage your child to learn the rules & perform within them.
- Set a good example by recognising fair play & applauding good performances of all.
- Discourage unfair play & arguing with officials.
- Don’t berate, punish or belittle a child for making mistakes or competition performance.
- Encourage & guide performers to accept responsibility for their own performance & behaviour.
- Discuss any concerns you have with an appropriate coach at the earliest possible moment.
- Support your child’s involvement & help them to enjoy their sport
- Never force your child to take part in a sport.
- Use correct & proper language at all times.
Above all, remember that this is supposed to be enjoyable for all participants!
Photography and Video
London Trampoline Academy and London DMT adheres to the British Gymnastics Photography Policy which can be found on the British Gymnastics website. Key and/or additional points specific to London Trampoline Academy and London DMT are identified below and may be added to at any time without notice.
- During regular training sessions photography and video may only done as a aid to coaching by qualified club coaches. These are stored securely and deleted when no longer required for coaching purposes.
- At special club events such as club activity days or club competitions, photography and video may be taken by persons nominated by the club manager and/or welfare officer on club managed and encrypted equipment. This photography and video may be used on the London Trampoline Academy and London DMT registered club website.
- Gymnasts, parents or guardians wishing to photograph or film during special club events must firstly speak to the club manager and/or club welfare officer. They must also be prepared to allow and enable the club welfare officer to view any images recorded and permanently delete any image they are directed to.
Mobile phones should not be out during training session without the express permission of a coach.
London Trampoline Academy and London DMT adheres to the British Gymnastics social networking guidelines which can be found on the British Gymnastics website. Key and/or additional points specific to London Trampoline Academy and London DMT are identified below and may be added to at any time without notice.
- Should a young person request to become a named friend on a coaches or club staff personal Social Networking Page or request that a coach or club staff become a named friend on their Social Networking Page the request will be declined as they are in a position of trust and responsibility within a British Gymnastics registered club.
- Should any members including gymnasts, parents, coaches and club officials found to be engaging in online bullying, in any form, will have their membership suspended pending investigation and possibly have their membership and attendance at London Trampoline Academy and/or London DMT revoked.